River Safety Class Advanced River Skills……
DATES WILL BE POSTED FEB 1, 2017
This TWO DAY class teaches the skills to run class II and III whitewater. The classroom will vary but we will tend to use smaller rocky rivers. Learn how to:
- self rescue in rapids
- demanding ferries
- throw bags
- swimming with your gear
- efficient paddling in whitewater
Day One: A.M.
* Learn stroke technique and efficiency,
*How to rig a boat for safety in whitewater
*Capsize and mount in flat water
*Rescue swim with your paddle.
* Run class II and moving current
* Learn how to read water, scout a rapid, locate eddies,
* Learn how enter and exit an eddy
* Ferry forward and reverse, the tools for control
* how to deal with a pin in a log jam, before, during and after
* Rescue Drills: Swim a rapid and self rescue
* Throw and catch ropes
* Learn to throw a coiled rope
* Capsize in a rapid and self rescue
* Capsize in a rapid and catch throw lines with your gear
* Capsize in a rapid and remount in the rapid
* Run class III rapids.
* Pick a line in class III
* Run holes, surf, catch small eddies,
* Learn how to catch the “outside” eddy on a 90 degree turn
This class is for those that want to learn how to stay out of trouble. Great for all packraft paddlers but required for those looking to expand into class III and IV whitewater. If you find the thought of flipping in the river terrorizing; this IS NOT your CLASS. Take packraft 101 first. Panic is the most dangerous situation on the water; we do not want students in panic.
$255 your boat your dry suit (Make your own class of 6 and receive a 10% discount and your date)
$295 class and our boat
$295 class and our dry suit
$335 class and our boat our dry suit
PAYMENT / CANCELATION POLICY:
payment due at time of booking:
cancel 2 weeks before class date: full refund
cancel: less than 2 weeks 50% refund, 50% held and maybe applied toward a future class
cancel: less than 48 hrs before class date: WE KEEP 50%
Session: May 14,15 Willow Creek
Session: May 21,22 Willow Creek
Session : May 28,29,30 Memorial Day; Willow /Byers Crk.
3 day class $325
this is a special 3 day course. Day 3 develops skills on a small , brush, blind turn creek, multiple river wide sieves are common. Students learn how to control a group decent down a very narrow blind little creek. This is the only time of year we do this creek due to BEARS. LOTS of BEARS on Byers come summer.
session: June 4,5 Willow Crk
session : June 18,19: Willow Crk
session: July 23,24: Willow Crk
session: August: 13,14: Willow Crk
More sessions may be added, best to call