The Paddler’s Advantage: If you want a feel for how the boat will paddle…. Think sporty- the Hero is short and stable, yet super fast for the length. This will become a staple for anyone wanting to teach or learn the roll as well.
- For beginners look for easier to roll, easier to steer and stay on line, and much easier to keep on the surface going through waves or holes.
- For intermediate paddlers, you’ll get the same, plus the best boofing you can imagine, and stability in harder rapids, and a much more friendly/fun surfing machine.
- For Expert boaters, the creeking and big water capibilities is greatly improved, along with the simple stability which keeps you right side up in harder stuff.
Vers. 2011: Specific improvements over the last version are:
- Faster, better boofing,
- easier to control,
- better surfing,
- greatly improved creeking ability,
- lighter weight
- Narrower knee profile for more comfortable ergonomics
Hero – $1,149
- Length: 88” (or 7’ 4”)- 223cm
- Width: 26″- 66cm
- Height: 15.0” – 38 cm
- Volume: 76.5 gallons- 289 liters
- Cockpit: 35″ x 20.5″- 89cm X 52cm
- Weight: 41 pounds – 18.6 KGs
- Target weight range: 115-190 pounds- 52KGs-86 KGs